nanogui: GrRefresh() and other problems

Subject: Re: [nanogui] GrRefresh() and other problems
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 16 Oct 2002 16:20:03 -0000

: Isn't there a GrRefresh() call, or something
: equivalent? When I display a jpeg image using
: demo3 application, and if the display window
: is moved (by the windowmanager or manually), the
: image disappears. I see only a black window
: with a border, in place of the jpeg image.
: I felt, it was cos, the demo application wasn't
: refreshing the display window after being moved.

All GrRefresh() would do if implemented is
send a GR_EVENT_TYPE_EXPOSURE event
to each application.  Your application is not
processing the exposure event when the window
is moved, and that's why the image is not re-displayed.

: Another demo application which is causing a bit of
: problem for me, is demo5.c, which displays multiple
: windows. One of the windows has bouncing colored
: balls.

I'm not familiar with this demo. Did you write it?

 I have the console up and running on a
: virtual terminal, and the microwindows demo running
: on another. When I switch between the two, I get
: the following error message:
:
: Error can't switch away from VT: Invalid argument

You might try changing the VTSWITCH=Y
option in the config file, or changing the drivers/vtswitch.c
code.  It's a bit of a kluge and tries to use /dev/tty0.

: I could trace the problem down to an ioctl on the
: virtual terminal, which had the following comment
: in the kernel source code:
:
: /* If a vt is under process control, the kernel will not switch to
: it... */
:
: When I switch from the microwindows VT to the console
: VT, I get the window with the bouncing balls on the
: console (!) and the above mentioned error message.
:
: Any ideas?
: Give your Company an email address like
: ravi @ ravi-exports.com.  Sign up for Rediffmail Pro today!
: Know more. http://www.rediffmailpro.com/signup/