nanogui: Wanted: more microwindows examples/docs

Subject: RE: [nanogui] Wanted: more microwindows examples/docs
From: "Keith Williams" ####@####.####
Date: 14 Nov 2002 14:27:56 -0000

Thanks Greg,

I guess I should have been a little more specific.  I was hoping that any
documents relating specifically to Microwindows would point out any
differences between it and Win32.  But if it 'exactly' emulates the GDI API,
that answers that question.

I'm going to be digging around pretty deep in things, not just simply
creating a couple of standard windows and putting some dialog in them (I can
already do that).  It goes deeper yet, then creating a new window class.  I
was just hoping to find some other examples to look at.  I think I may be
spending some more time reading the mwin source....

I know some of you are out there wondering why Win32 and not X.  Well, this
is for a start-up company.  Originally we had planned on implementing our
product on a WinCE platform.  However, we've changed our stance and decided
to go with Linux.  But, if things don't pan-out with the Linux community,
we're hoping to be a device driver and a re-compile or two away from going
with WinCE.

Thanks again,

Keith