nanogui: Two microwindows questions

Subject: Two microwindows questions
From: "Keith Williams" ####@####.####
Date: 15 Nov 2002 23:36:53 -0000

Hi,

First, does anyone have a code example using the functions in kbd_ipaq.c?
It's obvious that what the open and close functions do.  Is the standard way
to find out if a key has been pressed and which one to setup a timer and
continuously poll IPAQ_Read(...)?

Second, I have spent a lot of time over the last couple of days pouring
through the mwin docs and Win32 docs.  I've seen things that allude to what
I want to do, but haven't figured out exactly how to do it.  I to create a
window that has a thin frame (OK so far...) but I want the interior of the
window to be transparent (not invisible).  The GDI API mentions that you can
stipulate the style of WS_EX_TRANSPARENT, but this has some other
ramifications with sibling windows.  The API docs says, "To achieve
transparency without these restrictions use the SetWindowRgn function."
I've looked at the docs for it and it seems to act in the opposite way that
I want.

I know that I am sooo close to have enough knowledge to do a first cut.

Thanks for any information that you can provide,

Keith