nanogui: calibration application [& other problems]

Subject: Re: [nanogui] calibration application [& other problems]
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 24 Apr 2004 15:21:17 +0100

: The problem is that on the TFT the cross and the msg ("Microwindows
: Calibration" - "Touch the cross hairs firmly to"- "calibrate your handheld")
: are correctly displayed but if I touch the cross hairs nothing happens as
: there is no event.type = GR_EVENT_TYPE_MOUSE_POSITION

You'll need to make a couple more mods to 0.89, check out
engine/devmouse.c and nanox/srvevent.c looking for the
MOUSE_RAW status flag.  When calibrating, mousedev.flags
set set to MOUSE_RAW, which tells nano-X to send mouse
events in raw state to the calibration application.  Likely this
is why you're not getting any events in your nxcal application.

: An other question. I have investigated in the 090 project any reference to
: "nxcal.dat" ***without*** result.

Look at the CVS version.

So, in which way the values saved in the
: .dat file are used by the other application? Those values are corrections to
: the mouse position, right? a sort of compensation... any help? any reference
: of "how to use" application? I also figure that on PC side there is no wrong
: mouse position...

The nxcal application in CVS works by reading touchscreen valuesa
in raw mode, computing a transform, sending it to nano-X, and
turning off raw mode.  When the server comes up the next time,
the nxcal.dat transform data is read and the same values used
in the transform filter.

:
: For the problem with cross-compile for ARM the microwindows 0.90, the error
: was:
: In file included from /usr/include/string.h:375,
:                  from winmain.c:8:
: /usr/include/bits/string2.h: In function `__strcpy_small':
: /usr/include/bits/string2.h:441: warning: pointer of type `void *' used in
: arithmetic
:

Did you fix this?  How?

:
: For my problem accessing the Microwin CVS it should be a problem of our LAN,
: I hope I will solve it soon...

The CVS is up, please let me know what your access errors are.