nanogui: Odd shaped windows under nano-X?

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Odd shaped windows under nano-X?
From: tj ####@####.####
Date: 7 May 2004 22:58:26 +0100

I'm confused, a pretty mormal state these days. I used X shapes as a
reference. I have created non-rectangular windows in nano-X by using the
region fmaily.
The problem I am having now is combining regions that overlap.

+--------------------------+----------------------------+
 |                                  |                                    |
 |      button 1             |     button 2                |
 |                           +---+                                   |
 |                            |                                          |
 |        Blue            |                    Red               |
 |                            |                                          |

I've got the mouse to behave right returns id for button 1 when clicked
anywhere in button 1. Same for button 2.

However, when bitmaps a drawn, #1 is drawn first. Then when #2 bitmap is
drawn, where #1 overlapped #2, at top and bottom, goes to black. Which
is the color of the base nano-X server, GR_ROOT_ID, background. NOT the
apps  base window background  color.