nanogui: calibration & ts in raw mode

Subject: Re: [nanogui] calibration & ts in raw mode
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 17 May 2004 14:54:31 +0100

> I have successfully patched my 0.89 version with the 0.90 standard calibration feature (nxcal program). I ARM-linux
cross-compiled it and run the 0.90 standard launcher adding $startup nxcal in the launcher config file.

The nxcal program should be run first, before running other programs.

> It seems to work... apparently... Launching launcher.sh the nxcal starts, the nxcal.dat is generated. After
calibration is performed then launcher desktop is displayed. On the launcher desktop I have linked a stillpicture viewer
application and a recal (./nxcal -f -d nxcal.dat).
I launch my stillpicture application but its button are completely un-calibrated.
I am strarting to suspect it could be a kernel driver problem. I see that the nxcal use the microwindows driver, for
example the ipaq touchscreen dev/h3600_tsraw, for calibration in ***raw mode***, so I suspect that in order to perform
calibration the driver has to be in raw mode state.

The calibration works by setting a NULL transform in Microwindows, setting
the mouse driver to RAW mode (this is internal to Microwindows, and
during this mode the meaning of x,y values in the mouse events changes),
and then setting the new transform using GrSetTransform and writing a
data file.  The next time you start Microwindows, nxcal should be run with
the -d parameter with the newly created datafile.

The kernel values supplied by the kernel mouse driver don't change, just
Microwindows' interpretation of them, with jitter removed as well.