nanogui: calibration & ts in raw mode

Subject: [nanogui] calibration & ts in raw mode
From: "Massimiliano Turco" ####@####.####
Date: 13 May 2004 16:35:47 +0100

Hi all,
I am still investigating the calibration.
I am working on a ARM based Samsung board SMK2410. On kernel space the the touchscreen driver is s3c2410_ts.c (attached. it's based on h3600_ts)
I have successfully patched my 0.89 version with the 0.90 standard calibration feature (nxcal program). I ARM-linux cross-compiled it and run the 0.90 standard launcher adding $startup nxcal in the launcher config file.

It seems to work... apparently... Launching launcher.sh the nxcal starts, the nxcal.dat is generated. After calibration is performed then launcher desktop is displayed. On the launcher desktop I have linked a stillpicture viewer application and a recal (./nxcal -f -d nxcal.dat).
I launch my stillpicture application but its button are completely un-calibrated.

I am strarting to suspect it could be a kernel driver problem. I see that the nxcal use the microwindows driver, for example the ipaq touchscreen dev/h3600_tsraw, for calibration in ***raw mode***, so I suspect that in order to perform calibration the driver has to be in raw mode state.

On the s3c2410_ts.c I read:
"#define S3C2410_TS_MINOR 0
#define H3600_TS_MODULE_NAME    "ts"

Any explanations about this? Any help? Thanks in advance.

On the INSTALL file (near at the end of the text) included in the microwindows project I also read:

"Microwindows compiles up fine on the StrongARM-based Intel
Assabet. The following information is known to work:
1. Kernel version - linux-2.4.0-test11
2. Patches - patch-2.4.0-test11-rmk1, diff-2.4.0-test11-rmk1-np3
3. Set IPAQMOUSE=Y in Microwindows' config file
4. "mknod /dev/h3600_ts c 11 0" to create the touchscreen device file
5. If your screen isn't calibrated, you'll have to edit the Linux kernel:
 - edit drivers/char/ucb1200_ts.c
 - search for x_rev = 0 [around line 190]
 - change x_rev and y_rev both to 1
 - recompile the kernel"

Thanks in advance for any help. I am really at a dead end.
max