nanogui: Touchscreen pointer disappearing when moved first time

Subject: Touchscreen pointer disappearing when moved first time
From: tj ####@####.####
Date: 30 May 2004 02:23:08 +0100

After a long hard battle I finally got the nano-X cursor following the
pointing device. I had to change the x and y coordinates in
driver/mou_ucb1x00.c, 0.89, by adding the following code to the
PD_Read() function.

        temp = event.x;
        event.x = event.y;
        event.y = 1000 - temp;

This now got the cirsor actually following the input device instead of
being 90 degres out of "phase".

Cool say I and I move back to the cvs download to achieve the same
thing. But, trouble right off of the bat. When starting cvs nano-X the
cursor, ie arrow, did not even appear! I checked to make sure I had
TUXSCREENMOUSE = Y in config and then after several minutes of fussing
and fuming I find that
GdHideCursor(&scrdev);
had been added to the PD_Open() function in drivers/mou_touchscreen.c.
Why, I have no idea. So I removed it and added my "fix" code plus a
printf debug to once again make sure my adjusted coordionates are right
and rebuild.

Start the new nano-X and BINGO, I have the cursor. Then my joy is dashed
when I touch the screen to move it and check out my fix. It disappears
again. I suspect there isd another added GdHideCursor() someplace. If
that is it, where is it? My debug prints event coordinates that keep the
cursor in teh middle of the screen, but no cursor.

tj