nanogui: Touchscreen pointer disappearing when moved first time

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Touchscreen pointer disappearing when moved first time
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 30 May 2004 03:43:34 +0100

: PD_Read() function.
:
:         temp = event.x;
:         event.x = event.y;
:         event.y = 1000 - temp;
:
: This now got the cirsor actually following the input device instead of
: being 90 degres out of "phase".

Is this code still required in CVS version?  You are running
in portrait mode, right?  The CVS code automatically swaps
x/y when in portrait L and R modes.

:
: Cool say I and I move back to the cvs download to achieve the same
: thing. But, trouble right off of the bat. When starting cvs nano-X the
: cursor, ie arrow, did not even appear! I checked to make sure I had
: TUXSCREENMOUSE = Y in config and then after several minutes of fussing
: and fuming I find that : GdHideCursor(&scrdev);
: had been added to the PD_Open() function in drivers/mou_touchscreen.c.
: Why, I have no idea.

Hmm.  That was added because the TuxScreen has a touch screen and
by default, showing a cursor wasn't desireable.  So commenting out the
GdHideCursor is the right thing.

: Start the new nano-X and BINGO, I have the cursor. Then my joy is dashed
: when I touch the screen to move it and check out my fix. It disappears
: again. I suspect there isd another added GdHideCursor() someplace.

Geez, you're having too much fun trying to get all this too work...  Check
by grepping for GdHideCursor in */*.c, there may be something in
nanox/srvmain, or in engine/devmouse.c.  I'd check myself but my
main Linux box just seems to have had a HD crash...  (it's also the
one running CVS, but I'll get it all back up shortly)