nanogui: threads and nano-X drawing

Subject: threads and nano-X drawing
From: tj ####@####.####
Date: 3 Jun 2004 02:28:26 +0100

I have a problem getting a thread to update a window.

I have a main theread that opens the windows and handles the events.  I
launch a thread that needs to update a progress bar. However, If I even
try to  do a GrGetWindowInfo() in teh thread  and I get a bunch of errors.

Now what I would normally do is use XSendevent() to let the main  event
loop update the window. However, there is no XsendEvent() like in nano-X.

Now there is GrSendEventData(). But what info I can find says it is used
windows, etc.

Now, my question is what is the best route to follow?

Can GrSendEventData() be used with serial = 0, source window = 0? What
would I put in packet size vs. data size? All I want to do is send a
pointer to a data area. This way the event loop could handle the drawing
instead of different threads.

tj