nanogui: Architecture secletion

Subject: Architecture secletion
From: "Finn S. Nielsen" ####@####.####
Date: 2 Dec 2004 01:02:15 +0000

>> nxview /usr/logo.gif
>> munmap of non-mmaped memory by process 38 (nano-X): 66339933
>
>nxview makes a nano-X call to decode the gif file, which
>probably tries to use mmap().  (see engine/devimage.c).
>
>I would suggest using a later version of Microwindows, using
>your original config file.  I think the later versions have
>a define in include/device.h, HAVE_MMAP, which can
>be unset, which causes malloc/free to be used instead.
>
>Regards,
>
>Greg

Hi Greg and others,

I've checked out the latest microwindows package, and I'm trying to get it
to compile in my uClinux source tree.
In the config file, what architecture should I choose when using uClinux on
microblaze ?
The microblaze is power-pc like and is big endian, so my guess is
LINUX-POWERPC. Should the BIG-ENDIAN variable also be set to 'Y' ?
The microblaze is MMU-less so I have defined HAVE_MMAP to 0. It's already
defined controlled by the definition of __rtems__ - not sure what that is -
I've commented this out to make sure HAVE_MMAP is defined as 0

One last thing. Does a set of config ane makefiles etc exist for uClinux ?
That would save me from a lot of reverse eng./hacking to get things
working/compiling again after the update.

Thanks,

Finn S. Nielsen
Denmark