nanogui: Architecture secletion

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Architecture secletion
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 3 Dec 2004 05:51:20 +0000

> In the config file, what architecture should I choose when using uClinux
on
> microblaze ?
> The microblaze is power-pc like and is big endian, so my guess is
> LINUX-POWERPC.

The config file is setup using specifics for your particular platform,
not the C library.  However, the Arch.rules file may have to be
modified if not using uclibc is not the default C library.

Yes, use LINUX-POWERPC for power-pc processors

 Should the BIG-ENDIAN variable also be set to 'Y' ?

yes

> The microblaze is MMU-less so I have defined HAVE_MMAP to 0. It's already
> defined controlled by the definition of __rtems__ - not sure what that
is -
> I've commented this out to make sure HAVE_MMAP is defined as 0

Correct.  __rtems__ is another unrelated define for the RTEMS operating
system.  HAVE_MMAP is defined initially in src/include/device.h, I believe.

> One last thing. Does a set of config ane makefiles etc exist for uClinux ?
> That would save me from a lot of reverse eng./hacking to get things
> working/compiling again after the update.

No, since uClinux also runs on a wide variety of targets.  You should
be able to use most of your older Microwindows config file, however.

Finally, a quick inspection of the src/*.rules files is a good idea.