nanogui: Problems with modal windows

Subject: Problems with modal windows
From: Mark Mussetter ####@####.####
Date: 13 Dec 2004 20:39:20 +0000

Hello Everyone,

I'm having a hard time understanding something that is happening with my
application.  We are running MicroWindows 0.90 and FLTK 1.1.4.  We are
seeing some behavior that doesn't really make sense to us.  We have two
windows that are modal.  We would expect that since both windows are modal,
the window that is shown most recently would receive events AND be shown on
top.  However, this isn't what is happening.  The most recently shown
window is receiving events, but it is NOT shown on top.

Basically, we are dealing with three windows when the situation occurs.

WindowA (non-modal) -- This window allows the user to adjust settings.
   WindowB (modal) -- This window is a modal "confirmation" window.  The
user must OK this window before moving on.

WindowC (modal) -- This window is shown when an interrupt is fired
indicating that the power switch was pressed and we're shutting down.

After the user makes changes in WindowA, WindowB is shown so the user must
confirm the changes before moving on.  If the power switch is pressed
before the user confirms settings, WindowC gets shown, but it stays behind
WindowB.  WindowC gets any further events from the touchscreen even though
it is shown behind WindowB.

Am I missing something?

How can I get WindowC to show on top of WindowB?

Mark Mussetter
Link Communications, Inc.
1035 Cerise Rd
Billings, MT 59101-7378