nanogui: Cross-compilation of microwindows

Subject: RE: [nanogui] Cross-compilation of microwindows
From: "Andrew Hannam" ####@####.####
Date: 24 Aug 2005 22:17:40 +0100

The problem with using hton and ntoh macros is that this is unnecessary
overhead for an embedded micro if it doesn't happen to fir the standard
network endian model. The solution I guess is to define our own macros that
allow use to specify what the network order is for your client/server
(either BIG_ENDIAN or LITTLE_ENDIAN).

Then a little endian embedded micro could talk to a big endian host  most
efficently by using little endian on the wire.
Conversely, a big endian embedded micro could talk to a little endian host
most efficiently by using big endian on the wire.

Regards,
Andrew Hannam.