nanogui: error in graphics mode

Subject: Re: [nanogui] error in graphics mode
From: Gil Glass ####@####.####
Date: 1 Sep 2005 18:37:08 +0100

Tan,

I'm a little confused by your question so please bear with me.

>So what should be the graphics mode (MWPF_TRUECOLOR0888, 888, 565....)<

There is a comment in the config file that states that the graphics mode
should be set to MWPF_TRUECOLOR0888 if you're using a Linux framebuffer
driver.  I'm not sure why this is but I followed the instruction anyway.
Are you using a framebuffer driver?

>should I set in the xconfigure or is that other thing I should do?<

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think you would have xconfigure as that is an
X window utility.

>Any other
files that I should also download besides the library files in the
microwin/lib directory?<

You probably have the correct files.  Some more questions for you though:

1.  What is the color depth of your display?

2.  If you are using a framebuffer driver, are you sure that it's the
correct one?

3.  Does your framebuffer driver support text mode?

4.  If you post your config file on this forum, we can take a look at it
and maybe spot a problem.

Cheers,
Gil Glass
Telecom Field Services
JDSU
Germantown, MD, USA
+1-240-404-2551

"Tan Ying Liang" ####@####.####
09/02/2005 12:52 AM

"Gil Glass" ####@####.####
cc

Subject
Re: [nanogui] error in graphics mode

Hi Gil,
The error that I have encountered is "error in setting graphics mode -
invalid argument" after I downloaded the nano-X and nanowm into the ARM
(S3C2410) board (with 320X240 color LCD) and tried to execute nano-X.The
above error occurred.

So what should be the graphics mode (MWPF_TRUECOLOR0888, 888, 565....)
should I set in the xconfigure or is that other thing I should do?Any
other
files that I should also download besides the library files in the
microwin/lib directory?

I thought it was quite straight forward but can't find instructions to do
so
and really glad to know that someone has done it successfully.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Tan