plustek: Canon N670U stops during scanning

Subject: Re: Canon N670U stops during scanning
From: Capers ####@####.####
Date: 1 Jan 2003 21:44:32 -0000

> From: "Craig Cooper" ####@####.####
> Date: 2002/12/31 Tue PM 08:54:35 GMT
> To: ####@####.####
> Subject: Re: Canon N670U stops during scanning
>
> Hi Again,
>
> Will send the .conf file later today (am in WinXP at moment). I have a
> Tri-boot (through NTLDR) system running Win98, XP Pro, and Mandrake 9.0
> Linux all on separate partitions. Running an AMD 2000XP+ with 80G HDD and
> HP930C Printer, Canon N670U scanner, 4 port USB 1.1 Hub, and 6 port USB 2.0
> Hub (internal) and of course, Logitech Wingman Rumblepad USB joystick. All
> working under Linux :-)
>
> Will send conf file shortly, hopefully will solve your problems.

Thanks for that. After checking for only one sane.d directory (which involved removing the old Red Hat 8.0 installed version in /etc/sane.d) I tried your config file. Sadly, I get the same results.

With a little more investigation, I find that a preview scan does eventually complete, after about an hour. There's 20 minute gaps between periods of head movement.

My feeling is that I may have a problem elsewhere. The scanner seems to work on a different machine under Windows, which rules out the scanner, so it may be either the USB hardware implementation is a little faulty, or the USB hardware driver is faulty.

Of course, I have no real evidence for this, but that's my hunch, given that you have the scanner working well.

I'll return it to the shop, and hope to get a refund.

Thanks anyway.

- Martyn Capewell