primax: I need help on reverse engineering

Subject: RE: I need help on reverse engineering
From: Christian Ordig ####@####.####
Date: 23 Jan 2000 18:28:52 -0000

On 22-Jan-00 The Paya El Ateneo wrote:
> Hello again. I need help on reversing these type of code. I have
> learned how to crack a simple serial number, or a keyfile, but nothing
> related with hardware (in my cracker times, i downloaded fully
> www.fravia.org :+).
>
>   I have found about two or three VXDs/DLLs that does the scan/handles
> the protocol/something i don't know in two versions 32/16bits.
>
>   I have dissasembled this, but, with my mind searching every time a
> cmp/jne/jz/etc i will never see the protocol, so I need help of us.
>
>   If you can send me a little tips on how to look, no how to reverse,
> how to look the code, maybe I can reverse this Umax protocol. (jeh the
> most bigest DLLs are called UDEPP32.DLL :+)
>
>   Please Help me!
>
> Alot of thanxs in advance.

Well, why are you trying to reverse engeneer the Umax drivers? Have you looked thru the
SANE homepage, Umax scanners are supported by SANE quite well.

You should go there and check, if you find the one which is compatible with your Genius
Colorpage Life-Pro.

Perhaps Genius (or Umax) can tell you which is the corresponding Umax sanner....

cu.

---
Christian Ordig             | Homepage: http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/
Germany                     |    eMail: Christian Ordig ####@####.####
  / /  (_)__  __ ____  __   | Why Linux? Because it is free, stable, and
 / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /   | bugs can be fixed in source opposed to waiting
/____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\   | for a stable WinTendo from Micro$oft.