primax: Specs for Primax scanner

Subject: Re: Specs for Primax scanner
From: CP Hennessy ####@####.####
Date: 10 May 1999 19:31:26 -0000

Hi
Christian Ordig wrote:
> Well, negitiation is in progress. And primax has told us, the source will be
> freely available. We´re avaiting the NDA during the next days. Then we´ll be
> able to be more specific.

Have you any idea how the organization of the coding will work if/when
the
Non-Disclosure Agreement will be signed ?

What I mean is that since only a limited number of people can actually
sign then
this limits the number of developers !

Maybe we could get some people to start developing the necessary part of
the
backend for SANE ?
And then simply "plug in" the protocol messages as they are available ?

> >       putting another piece of hardware between the PC and the scanner
> >       which captures messages. I have no experience in the electronics
> >       needed to do this but I have come accross some web pages describing
> >       a reasonably cheap way to do this ( about $20 ):
> >               http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/kheidens/lptcap/lptcap.htm
> >
> Well, but a new Scanner would be available for about $50... (one which is
> already supported by SANE ;-)

Thats true, but then sometimes buying a jigsaw and putting it together
is more
of a challenge than just buying a picture 8-)

CP