primax: SANE Backend

Subject: Fwd: Re: SANE Backend
From: Andre Herms ####@####.####
Date: 30 Aug 2000 19:42:28 -0000

Subject: Re: SANE Backend
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 15:55:18 +0200
From: Andre Herms ####@####.####

> Ah, interesting way to do it.
>
> There would have been another way to do it:
> The Primax Program is a command-line program.
> So, the sane plugin could call this program.
>
> OTOH, this may not be a "clean" solution.

I choosed this way because of a special feature (-:.
The lamp needs a certain warmup time. So the server is always running and it
will manage this:
If you start the backend (connect to the server) the lamp will switch on. The
server will get the time. If you start the scan, the server will wait until the
warmup time is over and then start.
After the scan, the lamp won't go off. this will happen after a certain timeout.
So if you restart the scan, there will be no warmup cicle.
Sounds cool ehr ?!

> I'd like to.

I need really help. I need most help with the makefiles, as I don't know much
about it. The most problem seems to be the sane backend (not the server)
because its compiled as shared libary and i don't know how this is done. So I
did just copy n' paste mit the sane makefile, but this isn't clean.

** If anyone could help me with this. **

I will try to put the backend to a stable state, that other can get and test it.

At the moment there is a dummy server. It acts as the primax server should do
later.

I would attach them, but I don't think it's good to post attachments to a
newsgroup.

Q: Is there a cvs or ftp server?

so far.

	Andre