gnupic: Re: gplogic

Subject: Re: gplogic
From: Timo Ketola ####@####.####
Date: 11 Oct 2000 18:21:13 -0000

Scott,

Thanks for your answer...

Scott Dattalo wrote:

> I hope you don't mind that I posted this to the gnupic mailing list.

I'm glad you did

> First, I didn't know what klogic was:
>
> http://www.a-rostin.de/klogic/
>
> Interesting. It appears that your code can take the klogic netlist output and
> generate pic code. Neat.
>
> As you may be aware, gpsim now provides the hooks for a module interface. This
> allows gpsim to encompass devices other than pics in the simulation. So
> certainly this would be a good way for you to interface gpsim with klogic. In
> fact, the first simple library module I created to test the module interface
> consisted of a AND and OR gates.
>
> But this only solves half of your problem. Since you're generating pic code, I
> presume your asking a way in which gpsim may be used to test it?

Well, thats a good point but didn't come into my mind. What I had in my
mind was simulating the target interface. The user, who is some day
developing software for the PIC target, expects to be able to see in the
klogic work sheet what happens in the real target: When a signal goes
high the corresponding wire in the schematic should go red. I intend to
put klogic and the target to communicate with each other so that this
kind of live debugging is possible. However, as I have no real hardware
PIC target, I'm looking forward to be able to simulate this behaviour
with gpsim.

I think I should be able to get the idea how to do the above from the
gpsim sources and examples. But this next one may be trickier: I'd like
to download the generated code into the target directly from the klogic.
To simulate the target in this regard may be more challenging, at least
for me.

Timo