nanogui: Problem regarding image displaying

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Problem regarding image displaying
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 14 Oct 2006 20:46:41 +0100

> I am just using " microwindows-0.91 ". Is it mandatory to use the
> "nxlib-0.44" as well ?

No.  As others have said, NXLIB is only used when connecting
gui libraries written for X11 with nano-X.  These libs include
FLTK, GTK, etc.

> Because so far I have not used it in my applications. My appllications
> were running smoothly without installing nxlib( by just installing
> microwindows) . If it is mandatory then please suggest me what all
> changes I have to make in order to make it work for the framebuffer
> configuration.

NXLIB replaces libX11.so.  If this lib isn't used, no need for it.

> The CVS version (downloaded direcly from the website) does display
> white pixels as white but the transparent features of the bmp files (
> which was present previuosly) is lost here.

This is the correct behaviour, and your white transparency bug
is fixed, for bmp image types.  BMP images don't support
transparency.  This bug was fixed in CVS some time ago,
and is not fixed in 0.91.

> Also, the jpg images are still displayed with white dots all over the
> image, while the same image when converted to bmp format( using gimp
> image editor) , is displayed perfectly , without any distortion.

This then is likely a jpeg only bug/issue.  Look at the source
code engine/image_jpeg.c.  To help you more, we need to
know what framebuffer format you're running, bpp, and
palette mode or not. Check whether FASTJPEG is set
in image_jpeg.c.