nanogui: Widget library within the nanoX approach ...

Subject: RE: [nanogui] Widget library within the nanoX approach ...
From: "Martin Kajdas" ####@####.####
Date: 25 Jan 2007 18:19:30 +0000

I also am working on embedded platform with 8MB of flash memory.
When I compile my FLTK + nanoX + nxlib My program is about 1.2 MB
statically linked.
Then there is about 2 MB of Linux stuff and fonts.
The FLTK program generates about 30,000 lines of C++ code, not including
include files, nanoX nor nxlib.
I only use C++ for graphical UI, everything else is in C.
The program has Ethernet, USB, VGA, and printer support and runs RTAI
real-time Linux extensions.

My total Flash memory image is about 5MB, but then I have 256 MB of DDR
RAM for running everything including RAM disk. No mechanical disks
anywhere.
If you do not go overboard on C++ features, the programs are not much
bigger than C.

Martin