nanogui: Status?

Subject: Status?
From: Vidar Hokstad ####@####.####
Date: 6 Sep 1999 10:38:17 -0000

What is the current status of Nano X?

I've been away for a while, and have been catching up on the list.. I've
looked at both Alex' and Gregs archives, and it doesn't look like too much
have happened in the last couple of months.

I'm working on a widget set for Nano-X now (based on some code Alexander
Peuchert wrote and was nice enough to send me), and during that work I've
found quit a bit of bugs, in particular in the network support...

Some of them I've fixed, some I'm still struggling with.

I've also started seeing a few shortcomings that needs to be dealt with,
especially with regard to palette handling, and of course server side
pixmaps etc.

So, is anyone working on modifications, fixes etc. to Nano-X that aren't
publicly available yet? I'd love to take a look at any work in
progress, and help out if possible. And what is the current official tree,
and who would be the right person(s) to send patches to?

My bug fixes are mostly against 0.5pre3, but most of them also apply to
the Microwindows release (allthough for some reason my widget set and test
program won't work at all with the Microwindows version of Nano-X even
with the bugfixes). I also have a mostly working GGI driver for 0.5pre3.

Btw., we're finally hiring more developers, and I'll allocate at least one
of them to work on Nano-X, and also to port the open sourced flash player.
We're also sharing the cost for a developer to port a web browser to
Nano-X with another company.

Regards,

Vidar Hokstad ####@####.####
Director of Technical Development, Screen Media AS