nanogui: Cross Compiling Of Font Libraries

Subject: AW: [nanogui] Cross Compiling Of Font Libraries
From: "Alexander Stohr" ####@####.####
Date: 20 Jul 2005 16:46:29 +0100

Ever tried the below commands for your libs?

  ./configure --host=arm-linux
  make

in theory all should work, but i only tested that for mips32.

admitted there are some broken lib releases out there,
my special "friend" was libjpeg in the official release
form which even falsely killed "CC=arm-linux-gcc" settings
in its configuration file. other than that, for t1lib
you might need a change like this:

- { echo "configure: error: can not run test program while cross compiling"
1>&2; exit 1; }
+  ac_64bit_type="<none>"

there is not much magic - just skip unneccsassary probing
in cases where you know what you want.

my recommendation for Nano-X release?

0.91 is more close to the people that do send patches
and therefore you will find lots of helpfull patches
in the pre-0.92 directory of the ftp site. as of now
there is still more than enough code in the patch queue.
some ar fixes like for the fonts, and some are features
like the alpha blend code (but its to early for that now).

for me its 0.91 with an emphasize on adding font patches.

i dont have a clue on release plans. to my understanding
the non trivial amount of config options, target platforms
and other complexity (like not having some automated test
suite that passed on real world hardware) will make it
hard to provide rocket prove code on the very next turn.

-Alex.