nanogui: Problem in cross compiling for ARM

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Problem in cross compiling for ARM
From: Marcel Karras ####@####.####
Date: 2 Sep 2005 07:51:36 +0100

Hello Subramanian,

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 05:41:00 +0100 (BST)
subramanian mohankumar ####@####.#### wrote:

> Hi guys
> I am new to this mailing list.
> I want to cross-compile Microwindows/Nano-X for ARM
> .Got the source microwindows-full-0.91.tar.gz
> from www.microwindows.censoft/pub/microwindows.
> I changed the config file for ARM processor, enabled
> frame buffer,enabled for NANOX
> libraries alone and compiled. I got the followiing
> error "Unable to execute binary:convbdf".

I'm cross-compiling for MIPS quite often and whenever I have to face
such problems I switch to the target architecture, mount the compile
host via NFS and execute the command which won't run on the compile
host. (for you problem: convbdf has been compiled to ARM format and
make wants to execute it on a non-ARM host. I don't know if this is
a bug or a feature ;) but you can try it the way I said in order to
manually execute this command and then switch back to the compile host.

Greetings
- Marcel

http://www.freebits.de      http://www.tu-chemnitz.de
Unix, Linux && OpenSource   Student of Chemnitz University of Technology